cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions to upgrade HiveManager Enterprise 6.8r7a to the latest

Instructions to upgrade HiveManager Enterprise 6.8r7a to the latest

ashahinfarid
New Contributor

We are running HiveManager Enterprise 6.8r7r on our on-premise and going to update it to the latest available firmware. What are the steps need to be taken? We have AP230, AP245X, AP250, AP320 and AP330 all on the latest golden firmware. Does the new HiveManger build support all of these APs?

10 REPLIES 10

ashahinfarid
New Contributor

That's right Brian! we do have 1U dark-blue appliance and apparently I will need DB9 Female/Female cable to be able to console into the device. According to AeroHive technician USB port and MnGMT port on the device cannot be used for console access.

I will get the cable for HiveManage, since I only have regular Cisco console cable and it's not working and will send you update and let you know how that goes.

Thanks

Arash

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

So you have the 1/2U appliance. You should be able to hook a console cable up to it to get direct access to see the state of it.

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/6.8r3/hm/full/help.htm#hw/hm/HM.htm

or

http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/6.8r3/hm/full/help.htm#hw/hm/hc1uHM.htm

may be of help.

ashahinfarid
New Contributor

Thanks Brian for your respond.

I upgraded it yester around 4pm and 10am a day after still nothing (That's what I though, to leave it to do the update for quite some time). This is physical appliance that we have on premise and I'm not sure if I know how to access to the VM on it?!

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Arash,

It can take a while. Especially if it's been an active HM platform for quite some time. Do you have access to the VM infrastructure it is built on to look at the console from there? You may see that is still in progress of restoring the database.

If you get into the back end it'd be prompts 3, 1, 15 to see any update/restores in progress.

ashahinfarid
New Contributor

I followed the instructions that I found in Support page and upgraded the HiveManager and the appliance didn’t come back up after reboot! I tried both web GUI and SSH!

GTM-P2G8KFN