cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to automatically allow some devices based on their mac to access the internet on an aerohive captive portal? (bypass the client registration form)

is it possible to automatically allow some devices based on their mac to access the internet on an aerohive captive portal? (bypass the client registration form)

mat_do
New Contributor III
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for confirming that for me. Unfortunately we don't have a way to bypass the CWP completely for certain clients. The closest we can get is to redirect certain client OS types to a different CWP object within the same SSID. For example, we could have most clients authenticate via a CWP, but we could direct certain devices to a user policy acceptable CWP instead so they wouldn't have to authenticate.

mat_do
New Contributor III

it's HMNG on prem

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Our options will differ deepening on which HiveManager platform you are using, could you tell me if you're on HiveManager Classic or HiveManager (formerly NG)? This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, just for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using 

GTM-P2G8KFN