cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is there a how to on setting up automatic PPSK. I see lots of discussion but I cannot find options anywhere. Hivemanager NG Onprem - 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18

Is there a how to on setting up automatic PPSK. I see lots of discussion but I cannot find options anywhere. Hivemanager NG Onprem - 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I just wanted to confirm what I was finding before I gave you an answer. Unfortunately there is no way to create PPSK credentials via automation on a continuing basis in HiveManager (formerly NG) On Premises. I would recommend contacting your sales engineer to request that this feature be added to the HiveManager platform.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

HiveManager Connect doesn't support some of the more advanced enterprise level networking options, such as PPSK. You can make a PSK, Open, or External Radius SSID with HiveManager Connect. In order to use the PPSK feature, you would need to upgrade to Select and purchase entitlement keys.

I would recommend you reach out to your account manager to make a feature request to have that automatic PPSK option added to HiveManager (formerly NG), if you are planning on going to Select.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

That clarity is awesome. That means we're only selling Hivemanager Connect.

Will this version get the rotating PPSK feature sometime? is there a known timeframe?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

HiveManager (formerly NG) has two versions, Select and Connect. Select is the full feature version of HiveManager and requires entitlement keys to use, where as Connect is a limited feature version of HiveManager and does not require entitlement keys. Select is available as an Online platform or an On Premises platform, Connect is online only.

HiveManager Classic is a different system than HiveManager (formerly NG). This also comes in an online or On Premises version, and requires an entitlement key. This is our legacy platform, and will not be supported forever. Eventually (no known date) this platform will not be supported, and you will need to move to HiveManager.

HiveManager Classic does allow you to have rotating PPSK credentials, but as I've said this platform will not be supported forever, so you can use this for the time being but eventually you would have to move to HiveManager. I would suggest contacting your Aerohive account manager and requesting this feature be added to HiveManager.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

So whats the difference of even those. To us we get two ordering options 1) Online Hivemanager NG or 2) Hivemanager NG on-prem. We've had no communication through the channel on what "Classic" is. Which is the one we need to have for rotating PPSK? Is Classic simply renamed Aerohive Connect?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This isn't so much a difference between online and on prem (which do have very little differences between them), but more so a difference between HiveManager (formerly NG) and HiveManager Classic, which do not have an exact feature match. A majority of our help guides indicate in the title or the description if the guide is for HiveManager or HiveManager Classic, but I can't say the same for older community posts.

GTM-P2G8KFN