cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is there a how to on setting up automatic PPSK. I see lots of discussion but I cannot find options anywhere. Hivemanager NG Onprem - 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18

Is there a how to on setting up automatic PPSK. I see lots of discussion but I cannot find options anywhere. Hivemanager NG Onprem - 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I just wanted to confirm what I was finding before I gave you an answer. Unfortunately there is no way to create PPSK credentials via automation on a continuing basis in HiveManager (formerly NG) On Premises. I would recommend contacting your sales engineer to request that this feature be added to the HiveManager platform.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The how-to guide should cover registration, migrating entitlement keys, importing backups from Classic to NG, and then how to migrate and capwap the APs. Could you tell me what you'd like to see added to the migration guide to make it more functional for you and others?

marcus_abarbane
New Contributor

I find it very weird that you all have a product (Classic) that you plan on discontinuing for NG but don't have any real documentation on how to migrate from one system to another (please don't mention that lackluster "how- to", you all have online, that only shows how to migrate AP and CAPWAP information). You also don't have a tool (that you will allow the public to use) available as of yet. But what you DO have, is Migration Assistance, for a fee. Wow.

I hope this is rectified prior to your ending support for Aerohive Classic. If the only benefit to not researching a possibly better WiFi solution, is the fact I won't have to replace AP's, I can assure you I'll be researching other solutions.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Michael, no worries, it's easy to get them mixed up. Again though, this isn't a difference between on prem and online, this is a difference between HiveManager Classic and HiveManager (formerly NG). These are completely separate platforms and do not have a full feature match. If they are interested in going to HiveManager Classic on prem, that is still an option, but eventually they will need to move to HiveManager (formerly NG), and only HiveManager will receive new features sets from here on out. I would recommend submitting a feature request for rotating PPSKs in HiveManager via your account manager so we can get this feature added to the current platform for you.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sam, I thought I was clear, then I got my Select and Connect's mixed up. We're not using the Connect product, every AP we sell is on Select. For this Q our customer is on-prem Select and would love the feature for rotating PPSK. Why is there a difference? is there a matrix of the full set of differences between on-prem and cloud for these types of features.

PS. Aerohive partner Q's for some reason push us to use these forums for answers when we login.

GTM-P2G8KFN