cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to monitor DFS events other than on a per-AP basis using CLI?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ashley_finch
Contributor III

If you're on Cloud IQ (or the newest or previous version of on prem I think) then you could go to Network 360 monitor > devices > the top timeline indicates the DFS events with a <..> icon:

d60c9b13bd1e4418a957956a7c1a4e35_0694Q000009I8gQQAS.jpg

You can also then see the AP has changed channel also.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I don't think there is an easy way unfortunately. In the CLI through "show log buf | inc channel" then you'd see what channel it was on and what it's gone to e.g.:

kernel: Radar found on channel 140 (5700 MHz)

ah_dcd: One or more parameters for the access radio wifi1 changed. Its current channel is <124>, Tx power is <6*> dB, beacon interval is <100> TU, and EIRP is <15.77> dBm, reason: 4.

Would be nice to have in the GUI though!

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

All APs at this site are now running with DFS channels available. Different types of pings make sense. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the help as I figure this out.

One last question would be if there's anyway to see what channel the AP changed from, as the notification mentioned above only says what channel the AP changed to. I'm just trying to figure out what info I have available as I monitor and evaluate the impact of using DFS channels.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I guess that would depend on if the APs were all using DFS channels. Also there are different types of DFS pings, some may not go across the whole spectrum of channels hence why you may get them on some APs but not on others

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Awesome! Thanks.

Now my next question would be is it normal to see DFS events on only one radio of a dual 5GHz AP, and also only on three APs spread around a building where neighboring rooms in similar conditions did not see any DFS events?

GTM-P2G8KFN