cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with CWP - no redirect on guest wifi

Issues with CWP - no redirect on guest wifi

patkszen
New Contributor

We are running CWP to force users to accept terms in AUP, this is just the default one available in HM. Quite frequently client's wouldn't be redirected to CWP at all or it would take several refreshes in the browser.

There's no pattern in terms of devices having issues. Network side of it is fine, they associate with AP's, get their IP's etc

A while ago we have upgraded to the below version but I remember having the same issues while running previous hiveOs. CWP settings are left to their defaults

AP130 HiveOS 8.1r2a.178408 

HM on prem ver 8.1r2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We are running in to an issue with the default network setting in CWP objects, as these use http 1.1.1.x. There is a new protocol in use by most major browsers called HSTS, that allows websites to require HTTPS connections instead of HTTP connections. Unfortunately our default settings are still using HTTP, but this will be resolved in a later update. The work around in the mean time is to use a different subnet for the network settings in the CWP object. You can replace the default subnets with any internal subnet that is not otherwise in use on your network.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you post a picture of the CWP configuration you are using? If you'd rather share it with me directly, please feel free to send it to communityhelp@aerohive.com.

patkszen
New Contributor

I've enabled HTTPS but it wouldn't even show AUP at at all, tried different browsers, all updated to the newest version

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We are running in to an issue with the default network setting in CWP objects, as these use http 1.1.1.x. There is a new protocol in use by most major browsers called HSTS, that allows websites to require HTTPS connections instead of HTTP connections. Unfortunately our default settings are still using HTTP, but this will be resolved in a later update. The work around in the mean time is to use a different subnet for the network settings in the CWP object. You can replace the default subnets with any internal subnet that is not otherwise in use on your network.

GTM-P2G8KFN