Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Binding + PPSK

Mac Binding + PPSK

pagella
New Contributor III

Hey its me again 

im trying to use MAC Binding for my PPSK SSID. Is this even possible? The option is there but a dropdown menu shows up requiering for PPSK Server field which is blank.

What does it mean? I havent found any information about a PPSK Server. Is it possible to create a local one for the Mac Binding and maybe also for the PPSK registration?

17 REPLIES 17

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi Sam, yeah thats right i was testing around. But i have the same result when using a Group in "CLOUD"

I have the Group "Besucher" which is the group where the visitors who can register themselfes should end up. which is a Cloud with the "Enable CWP Register" option checked. Same result with the MAC Binding.

The CWP Problem is solved that was a FW issue , my mistake 🙂

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the access, I'm taking a look and I've noticed the following:

All of the user groups in the PPSK SSID it.test seem to be using "DEVICE" as the password DB. Self registration requires you use "CLOUD" for the password DB. When you have this option checked, you'll notice that there is a checkbox next to Enable CWP registration, you'll want to check this too.

Would you mind if I tried to enable MAC binding on it.test to see if I get the same error you do?

pagella
New Contributor III

Sent u a pm

pagella
New Contributor III

3897a711ab284d23899ffec450312fee_0690c000006HB8NAAW.png

image.png

image.png

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi Sam u seem to have the captive portal on the ppsk ssid.

I have another scenario:

I have an open SSID for Registration

and a second ppsk ssid without captive portal

Another issue im having is that i cant seem to load the captive Portal from my AP used as PPSK Server.

I gave the AP a static IP

i selected the AP as PPSK Server in the Registration SSID

Now when a client connects to the Open SSID the redirect pages comes saying im going to be redirected and after that it tries to redirect me to the captive portal ON the PPSK AP

for example

10.10.10.10/ppsk/CWP/ppsk_index.cgi?url....

The site is not loading.

Do i need to "upload" or create the captive portal to the specific AP? Or somehow link it? Or should this be enough?

If that is enough why isnt it possible to open the captive portal after the redirect 😞

GTM-P2G8KFN