Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Binding + PPSK

Mac Binding + PPSK

pagella
New Contributor III

Hey its me again 

im trying to use MAC Binding for my PPSK SSID. Is this even possible? The option is there but a dropdown menu shows up requiering for PPSK Server field which is blank.

What does it mean? I havent found any information about a PPSK Server. Is it possible to create a local one for the Mac Binding and maybe also for the PPSK registration?

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. At this point I think we need to open a technical support case to troubleshoot this further. I will email you directly with further information about how to open a case from here.

pagella
New Contributor III

Nope same result. When i choose the cloud PPSK for the open SSID i cant choose the MAC Auth in the registration SSID.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, I added an AP but I did not have the option to use it for the PPSK server, so that doesn't seem to be our issue. I did notice that in the CWP on the Open SSID we are using AP-PPSK for the PPSK server, we typically recommend using cloud PPSK Registration Service for self registration SSIDs. Could we try that out on your set up?

pagella
New Contributor III

Yes u can go ahead and add one. Feel free.

I will be back at work on monday i could add another one aswell then.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me try that on my side. After looking at everything, I'm wondering if we can't have the self reg PPSK server and a MAC binding function run on the same AP. Would you mind if I add another AP to your HiveManager from my lab temporarily to test this? I won't make any changes to your current APs, the test will be to add the device to your inventory and then to try and enable MAC binding within it.test using my AP as the MAC binding server, to see if we get the same error. If no error appears, I'd push your policy to my AP to test to see if I could register fully and connect with a single or multiple devices.

GTM-P2G8KFN