Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Binding + PPSK

Mac Binding + PPSK

pagella
New Contributor III

Hey its me again 

im trying to use MAC Binding for my PPSK SSID. Is this even possible? The option is there but a dropdown menu shows up requiering for PPSK Server field which is blank.

What does it mean? I havent found any information about a PPSK Server. Is it possible to create a local one for the Mac Binding and maybe also for the PPSK registration?

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can use classification to direct clients to different SSIDs based on their location, which I believe would be the way you'd have to set this up to cover multiple locations on the same network policy using MAC-Binding PPSK. I don't know of any plans to bring MAC binding to Cloud based PPSKs, but I would recommend filing that as a feature request with your sales engineer so we can see if we can get that added to a later release.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

This would require that I set up dozens of separate SSIDs (one for each site) if I wanted to use mac binding. Would this still work if I'm using a single network policy, and assigning seperate SSIDs via classification rules?

Is there any way to allow a Mac bound ppsk to work across multiple physical locations, or would a separate key be needed for each location?

Is there any plan to bring MAC binding to Cloud PPSK DBs?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It must be an AP that is at the site to which you want to apply the SSID. Extreme Networks APs (PPSK authenticators) at the same site contact this AP acting as the PPSK Server when checking and requesting a binding of a user-submitted PPSK to the MAC address of the user's client, so they will need to be in the same subnet.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

"The AP needs to be at the location you are setting MAC binding up for."

Does this mean that in order to use MAC binding, I would need to configure a unique SSID at each physical location where I want to use MAC binding?

GTM-P2G8KFN