Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Binding + PPSK

Mac Binding + PPSK

pagella
New Contributor III

Hey its me again 

im trying to use MAC Binding for my PPSK SSID. Is this even possible? The option is there but a dropdown menu shows up requiering for PPSK Server field which is blank.

What does it mean? I havent found any information about a PPSK Server. Is it possible to create a local one for the Mac Binding and maybe also for the PPSK registration?

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You should be able to use a PPSK SSID with MAC binding and a CWP. I just set this up in my lab to be sure:

5f00eebff45c4575af1b7b3157426e0b_0690c000006HAGaAAO.png

I was also able to adjust the MAC binding settings after saving the SSID the first time, just to be sure.

I'm not sure why you would get that error message, but if you'd like to add me as an external user so I can take a look that might help. My email for this process would be slynn@aerohive.com, and I would also need to know the Organization Name found in Global Settings> Account Details so I can be sure to look at the correct HiveManager instance. Please also let me know the Network Policy name and SSID name so I can focus on the objects you are working with here.

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi Sam, i finally found the time to do it.

I sucessfully used one AP as PPSK Server yet i got the next problem now 🙂

i get following message:

Could not modify the field MAC binding in SSID it.test since it was used in cwp

It seems like it is not possible to use the MAC Binding with the CWP + PPSK or did i miss something?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi again Antoniutz! You can certainly enable MAC binding with PPSK. That drop down menu should allow you to choose a connected AP to act as the PPSK server.

The PPSK server will store all of the PPSK users and what MAC addresses those users have been bound with, for other APs to contact when authentication requests are made. The AP needs to be at the location you are setting MAC binding up for.

If the drop down menu is blank, and we have devices connected to the HiveManager that are not already acting as PPSK or Radius servers, we would want to troubleshoot that further as that would not be expected behavior.

This page will tell you more about the MAC binding feature and explains the PPSK server (Expand the Private Pre-Shared Key section)- http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-wireless-ssid-settings.htm?Highlight=MAC%20binding

GTM-P2G8KFN