Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SSID in other HM

My SSID in other HM

marcel_fedier
New Contributor

I've noticed a very special phenomenon. 

I had a problem with the 5GHz channels, which solved itself. My colleague had a similar problem.

I logged on to my friend's HiveManager and set everything exactly the same as my HM (on the 5GHz interface). Then I logged out and logged back in to my HM.

Two days later my friend came and said that he no longer saw his SSID as just another SSID. However, the SSID broadcast is my HM's!! I haven't changed anything in my friend's settings. I have only excluded various channels no more!

What's going on?

Thank you very much for your support.

Cheers, M

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

@Marcel Fedier​ , would you be able to open a case with us so we can start a root cause investigation?

marcel_fedier
New Contributor

Yes but I didn't click on anything, confirmed nothing and didn't receive a message from Chrome. I just tried it again. The autofill without a message only happens in the HM. This is crazy.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Marcel,

I don't think this is a problem with HiveManager, it was stored in google autofill so perhaps the option was clicked accidentally to save this information. I'm in and out of several HiveManagers every day and myself have not had the issue occur.

Kind Regards

Ashley

marcel_fedier
New Contributor

Okay, wow. 

That's a huge problem.

Has AH still no solution for it? Even the password is displayed unencrypted. This must not happen? There are certainly customers who work with several HM accounts. And also with Google Chrome.

Somehow scary when you think up what could happen. (Keyword: data protection)

Cheers, Marcel

GTM-P2G8KFN