cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

No RSSI measurements in the range between -50 and -80 dBm are available for AP1, AP3, AP5. Please try increasing the RSSI range for calibration in global settings for maps, or clear "Calibrate heat maps" to use predictive heat maps instead.

No RSSI measurements in the range between -50 and -80 dBm are available for AP1, AP3, AP5. Please try increasing the RSSI range for calibration in global settings for maps, or clear "Calibrate heat maps" to use predictive heat maps instead.

lchisholm
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you open your Radio Profile, can you see what settings you have for the background scans? The APs would need to be able to complete background scans to report this information to the HiveManager, and if we have background scans set to not run when we have active clients on the network, then then could explain why we aren't see any results in your Maps when you check them.

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Closer to 0 is a stronger signal, so -80 isn't very strong. I would recommend disabling lower data rates in your SSID advanced settings (discussed in the Radio Frequency Interference Troubleshooting guide I liked previously in this conversation). This will require a stronger signal between the AP and the client device, which should influence clients to connect to APs nearer to them, and should produce a better signal.

Increasing power on your APs would likely make things worse. With a higher power level, the APs signal will reach farther, and clients that are farther away from the AP would see the AP as a connection option, but would ultimately have a weak signal with that AP.

alden_xu
New Contributor

Should be -80dBm in the previous comment instead of -8dBm

alden_xu
New Contributor

Thanks for the command and it is very useful. If a device connects to 5GHZ wifi, its RSSI is -8dBm. Is it good? Can I increase the power to fix this issue?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, if you run "show station" you should see that client information.

alden_xu
New Contributor

am I able to show the client information, like device mac address, channel and so on on an access point by using cli commands?

GTM-P2G8KFN