cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No RSSI measurements in the range between -50 and -80 dBm are available for AP1, AP3, AP5. Please try increasing the RSSI range for calibration in global settings for maps, or clear "Calibrate heat maps" to use predictive heat maps instead.

No RSSI measurements in the range between -50 and -80 dBm are available for AP1, AP3, AP5. Please try increasing the RSSI range for calibration in global settings for maps, or clear "Calibrate heat maps" to use predictive heat maps instead.

lchisholm
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you open your Radio Profile, can you see what settings you have for the background scans? The APs would need to be able to complete background scans to report this information to the HiveManager, and if we have background scans set to not run when we have active clients on the network, then then could explain why we aren't see any results in your Maps when you check them.

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Interference utilization under 10% is negligible, it's nearly impossible to avoid some amount of interference outside of a lab environment. The total utilization should be reasonably close to the number of clients connected. If you had 1 client connected at the time, 24% total utilization would be a bit much. If you have 10-15 clients connected, 24% total utilization would be expected.

For the neighbor lists showing up blank, I would guess your background scans aren't getting through. If you could send me the output for both "show interface wifi0" and "show interface wifi1", I can check to see how many background scans are getting through. If you'd like to email that to me directly, my email address is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

alden_xu
New Contributor

seen Interference utilization=9%; Total utilization=24% in interface wifi1. From my understanding it is not good. when I use sh acsp neighbour command, I have got wifi0(8) ACSP neighbor list: wifi1(9) ACSP neighbor list:. both lists have nothing there. I think no interference for this access point. please advise.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Technically each radio can hold 100 clients, but that is in a lab environment with minimal client traffic being passed. It depends heavily on how much traffic your client devices are passing. The 230 has a 2.4GHz radio and a 5GHz radio, so the technical client limit is 200 per AP.

alden_xu
New Contributor

We have AP230 at the sites. how many wifi devices can be connected to each of them without any performance downgrade?

alden_xu
New Contributor

this is what I have at the moment for 5GHZ

Customize 5.0 GHz 11a Rate Setting

6 Mbps

N/A

9 Mbps

N/A

12 Mbps

Basic

18 Mbps

Optional