cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One AP refused to be managed

One AP refused to be managed

ict37
New Contributor

i have 26 AP130 who i managed from Extremecloud IQ , only one , i don't get managed.

Hostname stay the same , IP addres also etc . . .

i i look to the connected servers i get

HiveManager Primary Name: ie-cws-10.extremecloudiq.com

In config : CAPWAP Master Host: ie-cwm.extremecloudiq.com

Someone a idea ??

15 REPLIES 15

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. Would it be okay if I tried a firmware update on the AP so I can see the issue? Also the hostname won't update until a configuration update has been pushed out to the AP, would you like me to try that as well?

ict37
New Contributor
Problem is , the AP don’t take the hostname i setup in IQ

Also if i perform FW update on this AP nothing happen

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Helmut Willems
Ict Coördinator
[logo_handtekening_viro]

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for granting me access, I was able to get the AP to connect to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance by telling the AP to use the default CAPWAP connection port UDP12222. It looks like your AP was trying to connect with HTTP80 instead. Once the AP used UDP, I saw it connect to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance. The command I used was "no capwap client transport http". Can you confirm that you see the device connected at this time?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for trying those steps for me. Could you add me as an external user to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance so I can take a look? If you'd like to add me, please use the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com. This guide reviews how to add an external user to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance, and how to find your organization name, which I will need to find your instance in particular: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

If you'd like to email your organization name directly, please feel free to email me that information at communityhelp@aerohive.com.

ict37
New Contributor

Did the guide , server name's are correct , seems connected to capwap but can not get manage this AP

Change only hostname in IQ GUI , but won't change

GTM-P2G8KFN