Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPSK and Selfregistration / users assignement

PPSK and Selfregistration / users assignement

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi there,

im not sure if its possible what i would like to do but ill just ask.

One SSID with multiple Passwords

based on the password OR based on the user group (but i would need an automatism that puts users with a certain email address in a specific group didnt find this option ) the user gets a specific VLAN 

After the user is able to connect to the ssid, the users needs to sign up to gain access to the internet

Is that possible?

i found something similar but with one Open SSIDs i would rather have one SSID. I also dont like the fact that everybody is in the same VLAN by Default.

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Self-Registration-PPSK-SSID-in-Hivemanager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pagella
New Contributor III

Support could help out.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

pagella
New Contributor III

Support could help out.

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi i didnt get any Mail. I Pm you my Email Address here. Try that one please.

Thanks again

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the access, I've been testing today and I was able to find the following:

Without employee approval added in to the mix:

Created a self reg Open SSID and PPSK SSID. I was able to register, I received credentials, but I was unable to log in (step 2 of the 4 way handshake failure).

Created a non-self reg PPSK SSID with the user group using the cloud database location. Same results, failure at step 2.

Created a non-self reg PPSK SSID with the user group using the local database location, and I was able to authenticate.

I created a lab on the same RDC you are using, and I had the same results there as well.

We are going to need to open a case for this issue, I've emailed you with our options for opening a case. Which ever way works for you, please let me know the case number so I can make sure the case gets where it needs to go.

Thank you very much for your patience with all of this, I appreciate you hanging in there with me.

To answer your question- Whats the point of having a guest management User then if everyone is allowed to approve?

We've had this feedback before, and the best answer I can give you is that it's for small offices with a small handful of employees who will know if they need to approve users or ignore them. It also allows any employee in the domain to be entered as the person the client is here to visit. For example a small law office with a few different lawyers working in the same office, if a user is here to see a specific lawyer then that lawyer can get the email notification to approve them.

That being said, I will certainly submit a feature request for you on this subject.

pagella
New Contributor III

Yes u can do that. That AP is the first im migrating to NGConnect so dont worry.

Whats the point of having a guest management User then if everyone is allowed to approve? I still dont understand it.

Yeah that would be nice i think that would make sense to breakt it down a little bit more.

Thanks for the support

GTM-P2G8KFN