Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPSK and Selfregistration / users assignement

PPSK and Selfregistration / users assignement

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi there,

im not sure if its possible what i would like to do but ill just ask.

One SSID with multiple Passwords

based on the password OR based on the user group (but i would need an automatism that puts users with a certain email address in a specific group didnt find this option ) the user gets a specific VLAN 

After the user is able to connect to the ssid, the users needs to sign up to gain access to the internet

Is that possible?

i found something similar but with one Open SSIDs i would rather have one SSID. I also dont like the fact that everybody is in the same VLAN by Default.

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Self-Registration-PPSK-SSID-in-Hivemanager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pagella
New Contributor III

Support could help out.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would it be alright if I built a new network policy, new SSID, new user profile, and new user group? Ultimately, I'd like to build a self reg SSID that I can get working, then add in the employee sponsorship elements to see if that is what is causing these failures. I won't adjust any of your existing objects and I'll only push this out to my test AP from my lab. All configuration items I build will be named some variation of AerohiveTest, and we can delete it all when we're done.

The email you add to the Credential Distribution group needs to be the email of a guest management user that already exists in your administrators list.

Unfortunately we can't lock the employee approval down to a single user or list of users, it will allow all emails within one domain to approve user requests. If you'd like I can submit a feature request on your behalf to add in more granular control for employee approval settings?

pagella
New Contributor III

I created a new Group (Testgroup) and a new Credential Distribution Group (Test-CDG) but i get the same result.

What i also dont understand is:

In the Credential Distribution Group i have the Field "Guest Management User" where i should add an Email.

Is it needed to be the one of an existing User? In my case it is. Ive tried it with an Email of a Guest Management User and also as Admin.

As a Guest registering myself i can add an Email of the person im visiting. Independently of the Email entered in the Credential Distribution Group i can add any Email of my Company because of the rule in the CWP and the person will get the approval mail and can also approve of the guest.

Is that supposed to be like that?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for your patience, I think I've found the issue. The user group you've got added to the PPSK SSID is also in use in a couple other SSIDs. Could we make a new user group that is not in use in any other SSIDs and try again?

pagella
New Contributor III

Yes u can do that. Thanks !

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the update, I took a look at the configuration again and it all looks good. Would you mind if I add an AP from my lab to your HiveManager so I can test this set up from my side? I won't make any changes to anything in the configuration, I'd just add an AP, push your configuration out to the AP, and try to register. You would likely have to approve my test user, and then we'll see if I can connect. Does that sound like a plan?

GTM-P2G8KFN