cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending and receiving messages on mobile.

Problem sending and receiving messages on mobile.

michell
New Contributor

In the company where I work, the cell phones connected to the APs, have happened Whatsapp messages get stuck, and receive / send all at once only after 15/20 minutes. Before, this problem did not happen.

The AP's model is:

Two AP's 130 and three AP's 230, all with HiveOS 8.2r4.207023.

One of these days, their connection crashed and only came back after restarting them.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

johnny_loh
New Contributor

anyway, I brought one unit back home to try with my home router, the problem persists as well.  There are no firewall at all, in any of my environment.

johnny_loh
New Contributor

I have logged in a support call, hope there is an outcome. 

benjamin_heravi
New Contributor

We have the same problem at a customer site. Everything works fine but the WhatsApp get stuck. We have AP250 with 10.0r5. This happens specially on Iphones. When the client switch to 4G it works perfectly but when they connect to the WiFi it get stuck and you should refresh it several times to get the messages. All other programs works fine, the only one which has problem is WhatsApp. We don’t use any firewall rules or QoS for applications. Everything is standard configuration with some basic changes in radio profile. W tried standard radio profile as well but the problem persist. 

Any idea?

johnny_loh
New Contributor

I have a similar issue as well, and the APs were already at its latest hive OS running on NG.

As soon as a mobile device connects to AP130, WhatsApp could not sustain connection to send out messages, after a while, all the messages gets unsent. Rebooting the devices, re establish gets the message sent out, but after a while, it loses connectivity again. When the mobile devices disconnect from the AeroHive WiFi, WhatsApp starts working again when connected to 4g or consumer wifi. There was no drop in connection even after prolong periods.

Its just an internet router without any firewall at all, hence there is no network restriction.

I brought the AP home to try as well. The issue persist as well.

GTM-P2G8KFN