cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some accesspoints (AP130 and AP230) are reporting: AP's exceed maximum number of IP sessions (98828) Is there a way to figure out where the sessions are going?

Some accesspoints (AP130 and AP230) are reporting: AP's exceed maximum number of IP sessions (98828) Is there a way to figure out where the sessions are going?

bjorn
New Contributor
20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We must be using different versions, sorry about that. Let's go with both then, if you could, and then tech data after each as well please.

bjorn
New Contributor

I'm using the remote packet capture and there is no eth0 but only wifi0 and wifi1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Let's look at eth0 to start with if you could, and if we can safely assume the IP session error is occurring during the time of the packet capture, let's run it for 10 minutes and pull tech data right after we stop the packet capture so I can compare what we're seeing in both places for a wider picture.

Also, could you tell me how many VLANs your switch ports are trunked for? And if you've adjusted the roaming cache or the local cache age out times? Those would be in the SSID Additional Settings> Optional Settings> Client related network settings section.

bjorn
New Contributor

Hi Sam, no worries. I'm very much enjoying the ride 🙂

Regarding the packet capture, which interface (both wifi?), duration and Packet Count per Interface?

Cheers,

Bjorn

GTM-P2G8KFN