cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my users cannot authenticate with their PPSK (even with mine) on their laptop. I remarked that most of them are using a Mac OS 10.14. When I used their PPSK, it works for me, I use a Mac OS 10.13. Is there an incompatibility with Apple's new

Some of my users cannot authenticate with their PPSK (even with mine) on their laptop. I remarked that most of them are using a Mac OS 10.14. When I used their PPSK, it works for me, I use a Mac OS 10.13. Is there an incompatibility with Apple's new

mgdb
New Contributor III
13 REPLIES 13

mgdb
New Contributor III

Sorry, I believed that I had to put here what I said to you by email.

So it was the same MAC address.

By the way, I just had another case : someone with a windows laptop tried to connect unsuccessffully. I tried with my PPSK and it works ! So, I deleted his account and created another PPSK for him again and it worked.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I don't seem to have any tech data from you yet, could you try re-sending it and let me know the MAC address of the Apple device that had issues connecting?

mgdb
New Contributor III

I had just had THIS case : one person with an Apple under 10;14 (Mojave) who's laptop cannot reach the network.

I sent you TechData to communityhelp@aerohive.com

mgdb
New Contributor III

Yes, everything is in the HiveManager.

Our clients come here just for a week, the problem is punctual, it will happen one or two time. That why I believe it came from the type of laptop and by the same way by the operationg system.

So, I couldn't reproduce this issue.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for explaining. Just to clarify, when you say the Radius server is in the cloud, do you mean hosted on an Aerohive AP? If it is hosted on an AP, are we using internal users (created and stored on the HiveManager) or an external user database (AD, LDAP, etc)?

If everything is hosted on the HiveManager, would you be able to SSH in to the AP, run the following debugs, replicate the issue, then send me new tech data from the AP at communityhelp@aerohive.com, along with the MAC address of the client device you used to replicate the issue?

Radius debugs:

_debug radiusd basic

_debug radiusd info

_debug radiusd verbose

GTM-P2G8KFN