cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR2348P switch as a core switch?

SR2348P switch as a core switch?

nsimons
New Contributor

I just purchased some SR2348P switches to replace decade old HP switches. One of my HP switches was set up as a core switch that did a lot of VLAN routing (I have about 9 VLANS that need routing). I'm being told that my new Aerohive switches are not capable of functioning as a core switch. I'm not seeing many setting in my Hive interface but was wondering if I get more settings if I get into the console? Or like I said....is it even possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It isn't recommended to use these switches as your core switch. It would technically be possible to configure this via the CLI and supplemental CLI, but this would not be a supported set up and you'd be subjected to all kinds of problems that a normal set up would not encounter. You would also not have as much visibility since the GUI doesn't support this, so it isn't generally recommended.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nsimons
New Contributor

Your answers are what I expected. So lucky for me, everything that my core switch did before can be handled in my new firewall. Thanks for your help!

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

As much as I love our 2348s, I wouldn't consider using them in the core.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It isn't recommended to use these switches as your core switch. It would technically be possible to configure this via the CLI and supplemental CLI, but this would not be a supported set up and you'd be subjected to all kinds of problems that a normal set up would not encounter. You would also not have as much visibility since the GUI doesn't support this, so it isn't generally recommended.

GTM-P2G8KFN