cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update AP120's to latest HIVEOS but failing from the cloud HiveManager GUI

Trying to update AP120's to latest HIVEOS but failing from the cloud HiveManager GUI

mlucash
New Contributor

I have successfully connected a pair of AP120's to the cloud HiveManager and it told me I need to update the HIVEOS to the latest. The current HiveOS is 6.3r3b.

I attempted the update multiple times but it fails with "The CLI 'save image ...... no-prompt' execute failed, caused by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot the Aerohive device and try again". I rebooted multiple times with the same result.

I tried entering the command manually on the device via the CLI terminal and (assuming I'm using the correct password) it errored out with "Curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to cloud-va2.aerohive.com:443".

I'm wondering if the OS is too downlevel to connect via ssh to download the latest update? I tried all version offered in the HiveManager, all error out the same. Is there a download of the OS I can apply via tftp?

Thank you,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've sent two other firmware versions that are in between where you are now and the version we are trying to get to. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

connor1
New Contributor

Hi Sam i am having the same issue with my AP 120?

mlucash
New Contributor

Thank you for your assistance Sam. The missing link was version 6.5r4 which allowed me to apply 6.5r9a. I have update my APs to 6.5r9a successfully.

Have a great week.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've sent two other firmware versions that are in between where you are now and the version we are trying to get to. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

zww_way
New Contributor II

Have you checked the HW version after reboot? It might be upgraded although it's showing upgrade failed.

mlucash
New Contributor

Hi Sam. I was able to update the AP's to 6.2r1c using the provided images (thank you) but going from 6.2 to 6.5r9a is still failing. Error message is below, I had to use the CLI commands to see the errors.

save image tftp://192.168.1.10:/AP120-6.5r9a.golden.img.S

Do you really want to update image?(Y/N)y

mode set to octet

Connected to 192.168.1.10 (192.168.1.10), port 69

getting from 192.168.1.10:/AP120-6.5r9a.golden.img.S [octet]

Received bytes: 19000 KB

Received 19456656 bytes in 15.6 seconds [9971189 bit/s]

Image header magic wrong!

The format of image is incorrect!

ERROR: Save image failed!

Attempting to update from 6.2 via the HiveManager fails with an error as well with the progress bar making it to 10% before reporting an update error.

Thank you,

Michael

GTM-P2G8KFN