cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN - defining device name in value field

VLAN - defining device name in value field

patkszen
New Contributor

I've noticed that in our native vlan settings device name is used and the value contains wildcard in form of *

Imagine there are 3 VLAN's and

VLAN 1 -type = device name with value = AH-F01*

VLAN 2 - type = device name with value = AH-F02*

VLAN 3 - type = device name with value =AH-F03*

From my understanding all the AP's containing AH-F01 will land in native vlan 1, those with AH-F02 in vlan 2 and so on.

Now I want this group of AP's to be only in one vlan. Is there a way of scoping all the 3 groups so they are assign to vlan 1.

So it would work as the following, AP's containing AH-F01 or AH-F02 or AH-F03 in their names are assigned native vlan 1.

Documentation doesn't seem to be mentioning use of wildcard or any other logical operators.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

My apologies, those are for ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly NG). Unfortunately cloud config groups aren't available on Classic, you would need to upgrade to ExtremeCloud IQ to accomplish this.

patkszen
New Contributor

Are these for NG? Sorry I should have mentioned that we are on classic on prem version 8.1r2.

See the below part of settings for our native vlan's. It appears to be working such as all the AP's containing string AH-F11 will be assigned to native VLAN 11.

58ed8e1288e64f58aebf878b5fcd3f1a_0694Q000009I47CQAS.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can create cloud config groups to classify groups of APs together and then apply settings based on those groups, is that what you're looking for?

This page reviews the Cloud Config Group Settings in case you want more details on that function: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/viewing-cloud-config-groups.htm?Highlight=Cloud%20Config%20group

We don't have a way to give APs settings based on just their hostnames, with or without the wildcard *.

GTM-P2G8KFN