cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have multiple AP650's that reverted back to firmware version 10.0.r4a from 10.0.r7a. I have no idea why, and they won't upgrade back to r7a. Any ideas?

We have multiple AP650's that reverted back to firmware version 10.0.r4a from 10.0.r7a. I have no idea why, and they won't upgrade back to r7a. Any ideas?

KevinP1
Contributor II
4 REPLIES 4

KevinP1
Contributor II

Sam,

Thank you very much for your assistance with this issue! If anyone else has this issue, the 10.0.r7a firmware was stuck as the backup image. SSH into the AP and run this command, "reboot backup". Running this command resolved my issue. Sam, you're the best! Thank you!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

On the Monitor page of the HiveManager, along the same line as the AP, you should see "Device Updated Failed". If you click on that, it will take you to the events page where you should be able to see details about the update failure. If that doesn't help us, we'll want to enable CAPWAP debugs, replicate the issue, and then immediately pull tech data.

This guide reviews how to enable CAPWAP debugs:https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-debugs 

If you could email that tech data to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I will let you know what we see.

KevinP1
Contributor II

Hi Sam,

I haven't been able to locate an error message through the UI. Would you be able to point me in the direction on how to find the failure messages?

I've attempted to push the update with full config settings, and without.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What is the failure message associated with the update to 10.0r7a? Are you pushing out any configuration updates at the same time?

GTM-P2G8KFN