cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the unique features of Aerohive ?

What are the unique features of Aerohive ?

prashan
New Contributor III

Why should customer need to go with Aerohive rather than pricing ? Obviously aerohive has PPSK so do DPSK in ruckus.

Why customer need to choose aerohive APs ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sure our Sales team can give you a better answer to this, but for my two cents:

The main thing that sets us apart is that we are controlerless, so our devices can work independently from the HiveManager or any controller. This means if the HiveManager needs to be rebooted, or goes down for whatever reason, your wireless network will remain up and passing traffic.

We offer all enterprise level networking features and more, and we are continually working on improving our systems and bringing new features to our customer base.

We are very flexible in the type of environments that we can support. For example, we have devices and features geared towards schools of all sizes and levels, businesses of any size and type, warehouses, hotels, dorms, home offices, home networks, remote workers, indoor deployments, outdoor deployments, and mesh deployments to locations without a hardwire connection available. It's also very easy to scale up with our products, so if you are planning to grow in your setup or user base, we can make that painless for you as well.

We can support networks at any level, going from the end points with Access Points (APs) for client connections, to Routers, Switches of several sizes and capacities, and very soon we will have a NAC (network access control) for global network visibility and access.

Here again we're going in to territory that Sales would have more detailed information available on, but we also have flexible pricing ranges and time periods, plus the free version of HiveManager (Connect), in case you don't want to purchase anything other than the hardware itself.

I hope this helps, I'm sure I haven't covered everything here and I would encourage you to speak with our sales team for more detailed feedback (866-918-9918).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I feel Aerohive is always on the cutting edge and always looking to improve their product line.

They were one of if not the first to use cloud based controller-less management.

The AP250 and AP550 have sofware definable radios. I dont think any other manufacturers off this yet. (I use this exceedingly in my deployment)

They are now first to implement wireless 802.11ax which is forcing device manufaturers to get on board with AX.

Also, exceptional customer service and support.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

HiveManager is a cloud based platform, yes. And the APs do not need to be connected to the HiveManager to pass traffic, only to get new configuration pushed to it and for reporting purposes, that is also correct.

prashan
New Contributor III

Management panel is on cloud ryt ? after sync with cloud APs do not need the cloud for get operation. That is the simple explanation for Distributed Model ryt ?

prashan
New Contributor III

Hi @BJ Stahlin​ What is benefit of having Distributed model at the access layer ?

GTM-P2G8KFN