cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the lights on an AP630 mean?

What do the lights on an AP630 mean?

lsommerer
New Contributor III

I deployed about a dozen AP630s this morning. Some of them are blinking white and some of them are alternating white and amber. Is there a document that tells what the blinking means? Note: this is not the bootup light sequence. These access points have been up for hours and seem to be working more or less correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lsommerer
New Contributor III

It is now my understanding from talking to Aerohive Support that both alternating white/amber LEDs and blinking white LEDs indicate that the access point is not receiving 802.11at (PoE+) power. The fix in my case was to turn on LLDP in my network policy, update the configuration on access points, and reboot the access points.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Check our HW user guide:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap630.htm?Highlight=AP630%...

Status Light

The round status light on the top corner of the device conveys operational states for system power, firmware updates, Ethernet and wireless interface activity, and major alarms. The AP630 has a round status light on the top right corner of the chassis. At setup, this light cycles through the following sequence:

• Steady Amber: The device is initializing.
  • Fast-blinking White: The device is looking for a mesh neighbor from which to obtain a password.
  • Slow-blinking Amber (AF power mode only): The device is attempting to establish a connection or has established a CAPWAP connection with HiveManager.
  • Fast-blinking Amber: The device is performing a HiveOS or HiveManager upgrade.
  • Steady White: The device has successfully established a CAPWAP connection and is operating normally.

lsommerer
New Contributor III

Thank you. I've seen this, but it doesn't seem to match with what I'm seeing on my access points. What I am seeing is after what I'm assuming is a successful boot process. It also doesn't seem to match the slow white blink pattern or the alternating amber/white pattern.

weekdaysailor
Contributor

Hi LLoyd,

From AP630 Hardware guide: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/hardware/ap/ap630.htm

But not sure how below maps to what you are seeing. You may want to open a support ticket.

Status Light

The round status light on the top corner of the device conveys operational states for system power, firmware updates, Ethernet and wireless interface activity, and major alarms. The AP630 has a round status light on the top right corner of the chassis. At setup, this light cycles through the following sequence:

• Steady Amber: The device is initializing.
  • Fast-blinking White: The device is looking for a mesh neighbor from which to obtain a password.
  • Slow-blinking Amber (AF power mode only): The device is attempting to establish a connection or has established a CAPWAP connection with HiveManager.
  • Fast-blinking Amber: The device is performing a HiveOS or HiveManager upgrade.
  • Steady White: The device has successfully established a CAPWAP connection and is operating normally.

GTM-P2G8KFN