cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between HiveManager NG, HiveManager Connect and HiveManager Online?

What is the difference between HiveManager NG, HiveManager Connect and HiveManager Online?

carlos_calit
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

NG is cloud based and requires a paid subscription (entitlement key). Connect is cloud based and does not require a subscription but has limited features (the free version of NG basically). Online is the legacy platform that isn't cloud based but has been around longer, and that needs a paid subscription too.

You can try either NG platform out for free for 30 days if you go to cloud.aerohive.com and register.

In general, NG has less features than classic because it hasn't been around as long, but it seems like any new features go in to NG.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

carlos_calit
New Contributor
Thanks. I have already asked my sales person to send me a quote for a new entitlement key.

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

You'd have to have the APs in the manager you have your configuration in. Plus you can only use your licenses in one place, so I don't think you can use two managers at the same time without separate licenses.

carlos_calit
New Contributor
Thank you. We have been an Aerohive user, with 8 AP230’s and AMOL. Can I convert my management to my AP’s to NG and still maintain the Configs in my Hive? Thanks.

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

NG is cloud based and requires a paid subscription (entitlement key). Connect is cloud based and does not require a subscription but has limited features (the free version of NG basically). Online is the legacy platform that isn't cloud based but has been around longer, and that needs a paid subscription too.

You can try either NG platform out for free for 30 days if you go to cloud.aerohive.com and register.

In general, NG has less features than classic because it hasn't been around as long, but it seems like any new features go in to NG.

GTM-P2G8KFN