cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ports do I need to open in my firewall in order to let my APs connect to Aerohive Connect?

What ports do I need to open in my firewall in order to let my APs connect to Aerohive Connect?

allan_b_kjaer
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

When logged into Hivemanager Connect, you'll see your user-profile icon in the top right.

Click the icon -> About Hivemanager

You will see a "Firewall Configuration Guide" and link. This guide lists all ports, protocols, IP/Hostnames, and purposes.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Allan,

UDP 12222 is the Protocol/Port used in CAPWAP. CAPWAP is used to keep tabs on devices connected to Hivemanager.

If UDP on 12222 is currently blocked, the APs may have Failed over to HTTP port 80. You can confirm this from the CLI of an AP with the command:

show capwap client

*You would look for the transport method.

----

TCP 2083, 20000 ~ 20256 is the Protocol/Port used to communicate with the IPv4 address block of the Regional Data centers.

If everything works without those specific ports, then hmupdate traffic would be coming through HTTPS TCP on 443 from the Global Data Center.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

allan_b_kjaer
New Contributor
Hi David,

Thanks.

What do I need UDP 12222 and TCP 2083, 20000 ~ 20256 for? Everything seems to work fine without allowing these ports?

Regards,
Allan Kjær

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

When logged into Hivemanager Connect, you'll see your user-profile icon in the top right.

Click the icon -> About Hivemanager

You will see a "Firewall Configuration Guide" and link. This guide lists all ports, protocols, IP/Hostnames, and purposes.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN