cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some clients aren't able to connect to AP630?

Why some clients aren't able to connect to AP630?

tomaz_zelenik1
New Contributor II

Hi. We purchased 20x new AP630. It is working on ax standard. I have a problem with clients who cannot connect to WiFi.

I noticed that newer mobile phones, laptops (Win or MAc) are able to

connect to WiFi, but some older laptops are not able to connect. Even though

the AP is working fine, these laptops just cannot see any wifi networks. However,

if I upgrade the network card on this laptops, than this client are able to

connect.

It's a bit frustrating, because we have more than 200 users. Is there a

seting on AP630 to fix this problem or do I just write a note to end users: You

just have to upgrade your network card?

Any help is more than welcome. Thanks.

Tomaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tomaz_zelenik1
New Contributor II

Hi Sam. Sorry for the late reply. I found out the issue was with Intel drivers. There is a post, which kind a explain similar issue: https://kb.netgear.com/000060384/My-Windows-device-is-not-detecting-my-AX-router-s-wireless-network-what-do-I-do

I did upgrade all NIC drivers and all the laptops are working now.

But funny, I did tried something else. I have an AP630 for testing purposes. I put both radio ch. on former ac and g/n standard, tried to connect a "broken driver" laptop to it and I couldn't connect to wifi...to be more precise, my laptop did't find any wifi networks.

Or maybe I just did something wrong. Anyway, clients are able to connect now 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tomaz_zelenik1
New Contributor II

Hi Sam. Sorry for the late reply. I found out the issue was with Intel drivers. There is a post, which kind a explain similar issue: https://kb.netgear.com/000060384/My-Windows-device-is-not-detecting-my-AX-router-s-wireless-network-what-do-I-do

I did upgrade all NIC drivers and all the laptops are working now.

But funny, I did tried something else. I have an AP630 for testing purposes. I put both radio ch. on former ac and g/n standard, tried to connect a "broken driver" laptop to it and I couldn't connect to wifi...to be more precise, my laptop did't find any wifi networks.

Or maybe I just did something wrong. Anyway, clients are able to connect now 🙂

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, could you tell me the model of the laptops you are using, and what version NIC drivers you are using? I'd like to try to replicate this in our lab.

GTM-P2G8KFN