Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Management-Server IP

Change Management-Server IP

SebastianH
New Contributor
Hallo,

we recently moved our Site-Engine from our Test-Network into our Live-Management-Network so it goes productive.
This also includes, that the Site-Engine got newly installed in our productive VM-Environment. I just imported the old database to keep all the stuff i already configured.
We also have a Analytics-Engine which was working with the "old" Site-Engine installation.
I want to keep that Engine for now, so i tried to connect to the new Site-Engine.

When i look at the configuration for Analytics-Engine i can see the device including IP, Firmware etc. but there´s an error-message below:
Connectivity Issues: wrong management server

My guess is that somewhere in the Analytics-Engine the old Site-Engines IP is still configured. Any idea how this IP can be changed?
dnetconfig does not include this option.

Best regards
Sebastian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SebastianH
New Contributor
After some manual searching for scripts and configuration files in the Analytics-Engine, i was able to find the solution by myself.

For anybody who may encounter a similar problem:

Server-IP must be edited in these files:
/opt/appid/mgmtServerIP
/opt/appid/server/config/config.properties
After restart the appid-Service
service appidserver restart

Although these files state that you may not change the setting manually because there is a script for it, the related script does not change the management-ip. I was not able to find the script which points to this entry.
Changing the entries manually worked fine for me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SebastianH
New Contributor
After some manual searching for scripts and configuration files in the Analytics-Engine, i was able to find the solution by myself.

For anybody who may encounter a similar problem:

Server-IP must be edited in these files:
/opt/appid/mgmtServerIP
/opt/appid/server/config/config.properties
After restart the appid-Service
service appidserver restart

Although these files state that you may not change the setting manually because there is a script for it, the related script does not change the management-ip. I was not able to find the script which points to this entry.
Changing the entries manually worked fine for me.
GTM-P2G8KFN