Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLX 20.1.1: Note SLXOS-37594

SLX 20.1.1: Note SLXOS-37594

joergkost
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to understand the issue SLXOS-37594 for our SLX setup. 

The GT-article

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057650

says, this issue has been fixed in SLX-OS 20.1.1 but in the release notes for 20.1.1 or 20.1.2a  I am not able to find / recognize the issue. 

So, has this been fixed and how do I know if “our” SLX 18r2bd version is affected right now, too? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

joergkost

I looked into the article and it appears rather misleading.  I investigated the case history as well as the notes from our SLX Sustaining team and found the following:

• The issue is a non service affecting Display (CLI output) issue, IPv6 routes are not affected
  • SLXOS-37594 was filed as an “Improvement” and is not a Software Defect, which is why it is not listed in the RN under “Defects”
  • The display issue was caused by a HW SDK change which does not allow the command “show hw route-info” to read the compressed routes
  • The new command is available in 20.1.1 and is planned to be released in 18r.2.00c ~ETA July 2020

Thanks,

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer / Extreme Networks

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

joergkost
Contributor II

Thank you for clearing this and also for updating the article!

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

joergkost

I looked into the article and it appears rather misleading.  I investigated the case history as well as the notes from our SLX Sustaining team and found the following:

• The issue is a non service affecting Display (CLI output) issue, IPv6 routes are not affected
  • SLXOS-37594 was filed as an “Improvement” and is not a Software Defect, which is why it is not listed in the RN under “Defects”
  • The display issue was caused by a HW SDK change which does not allow the command “show hw route-info” to read the compressed routes
  • The new command is available in 20.1.1 and is planned to be released in 18r.2.00c ~ETA July 2020

Thanks,

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer / Extreme Networks

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN