Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%Error: This operation is not supported from a secondary node

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II

Hi,

I wonder if the error is a an unexpected fluke or a correct behaviour - this happens when I execute certain command while sshed to a VE’s IP (It is a two switches VCS I have)

Example:

brc_bot(config)# int po 21
brc_bot(config-Port-channel-21)# no switch

many thanks, L.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

I agree with this.  Configuration changes can only be made from the primary node as the configuration database is synced between all the nodes in the Logical Chassis fabric.  

To make this process easier, I would recommend you setup a Virtual IP so that you login to the primary node every time:

sw0# configure

sw0(config)# vcs virtual ip address x.x.x.x/24

Mike Morey

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks

Michael_Andreas
Extreme Employee

Hi Pawel,

it seems you try to configure from secondary switch!  You need to get this done from the primary switch.

Have a look at   show VCS 

Rbridge-Id       WWN                            Management IP   VCS Status       Fabric Status        HostName
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1               >10:00:50:EB:1A:4B:3F:9C*       1.1.1.1    Online           Online               vdx6740-1
2                10:00:50:EB:1A:39:2D:78          1.1.1.2    Online           Online               vdx6740-2

the switch with the > in front of his WWN  is the primary switch

Regards

GTM-P2G8KFN