cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving running config on VDX 6740 logical mode

saving running config on VDX 6740 logical mode

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
on VDX 6740 I cannot save the running config when the switch is in Logical Chassis mode

sw0# copy running-config startup-config
This operation is not supported in logical chassis mode.

Do I have to disable the logical chassis mode to be able to save the configuration ?
the switch is stand-alone

no vcs rbridge-id 1 logical-chassis enable

thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
It’s very simple. I have a bunch of vdx bought refurbished Some of them has 6.0.2 some others 7.0.3 and other ones 7.3.0. On the 7.3.0 after detaching the power They restart with a database error and the configuration is overwritten with the default blank config. On 7.0.3 this does not happen and on 6.0.2 on non logical chassis mode they work well. So my problem is with 7.3.0 and I wish to downgrade

Mick_Day
Extreme Employee
I am a little confused, you say that everything works on no logical chassis mode, NOS 7.3.0 only supports logical chassis mode and no longer supports fabric cluster mode?

There are some options for instance netinstall, but to complete this you will need access to the NOS firmware, which you will need a support contract to access.

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
I inspected the problem further. If after a configuration changes I do a reload the system comes up normally with the correct configuration saved. If the switch is turn off by detaching the power, when it comes up this happens:

Dcmd Database is corrupted. Hence, clearing the database.
2018/09/26-09:55:24, [DCM-3053], 1979, SW/0 | Active, INFO, VDX6740T-1G, Dcmd database corruption was detected. The system will startup with the default configuration for this database.

and the configuration is lost because the default config is loaded up

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
I cannot because I do not have a support contract... I just bought 6 refurbished VDX 6740 switches some of them have 6.0.1 some others 7.3.0 but anyway trying the ones with 7.3.0 they do not keep the config saved in logical chassis mode. Everything works in no logical chassis mode though

Mick_Day
Extreme Employee
Hi Ricardo,

As mentioned in logical-chassis mode the configuration should be automatically saved, if this is not the case then there some other problem, are you able to open a case with Extreme support to investigate this?

GTM-P2G8KFN