cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving running config on VDX 6740 logical mode

saving running config on VDX 6740 logical mode

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
on VDX 6740 I cannot save the running config when the switch is in Logical Chassis mode

sw0# copy running-config startup-config
This operation is not supported in logical chassis mode.

Do I have to disable the logical chassis mode to be able to save the configuration ?
the switch is stand-alone

no vcs rbridge-id 1 logical-chassis enable

thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
I am still experiencing many problems related to this.
In logical chassis mode the switch does not keep the configuration over reboots.
I applied a switch configuration copying it via scp to running config.
The configuration is OK and working.
After that I disconnected the power.
When the switch comes up again the configuration is lost.
it comes up with correct hostname but after waiting the full boot process to be over, the host name is reset to sw0 and the configuraiton is lost.
To fix this I am forced to do:

no vcs rbridge-id 1 logical-chassis enable

apply again the configuration via scp tftp or manually and save it

copy running-config startup config.

in this way the configuration is hold over reboots.

Any hints ?

thanks

Mick_Day
Extreme Employee
If you run a stand alone switch in logical chassis mode it will still save the running-config automatically

Also fabric cluster mode is no longer supported after NOS 7.0.x so if you were to upgrade you would need to change to logical chassis mode anyway.

Riccardo_Verald
New Contributor II
ok thank you. So even if I run a stand alone switch should I keep the logical chassis MODE anyway as default ?
thanks

Mick_Day
Extreme Employee
When you switch to logical chassis mode it is no longer necessary to save running configuration

Configuration changes are automatically saved and then synchronised between all members of the chassis

The command copy running-config startup-config is no longer allowed because it is no longer necessary
GTM-P2G8KFN