cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve LLDP neighbour information via i.e. snmpwalk (show lldp neighbour works)

Unable to retrieve LLDP neighbour information via i.e. snmpwalk (show lldp neighbour works)

sebastiaanv
New Contributor

Hello,

Currently trying to add VDX devices to an SNMP inventory tool, but somehow i am not getting the LLDP neighbour information via SNMP. Other items work fine, SNMP in general is working. If i perform show lldp neighbours via the cli the devices are showing the neighbour information. If i perform a snmpwalk i get the error No Such Object available on this agent at this OID. OID's tried:

The devices are BR-VDX6740 with Network Operating System Software Version 7.0.2b. Normally it should work according following link with mentioned OID https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000086641

Am i missing something? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

HipG
New Contributor

Hi, I think I might be seeing the same issue as this, did you find a solution?
Im adding a VDX6740 to a management tool and everything works with SNMP apart from the LLDP information. LLDP is working on the device as in your case. I haven’t tried snmpwalk but will see if I get the same error. Running a different version to you, 6.0.1a I believe from memory. 

GTM-P2G8KFN