cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any plan to provide updated release notes for IQ Engine versions

Is there any plan to provide updated release notes for IQ Engine versions

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Maybe I’m just missing something but as far as I can find these release notes are static and not kept up to date with known issues

example - https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r12_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

I learned today via a GTAC ticket, that there is currently an open CFD for the very issue I submitted a ticket for.

I’ve spent time investigating, troubleshooting, collecting documentation and submitting a ticket only to be told it’s a known issue and will be fixed in the next release. Why not publish known CFD’s for firmware so I don’t have to waste time on known issues?

23 REPLIES 23

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

wait.jpg

@jnicholas status?

nelson
New Contributor II
Ideally, there would be a link to the release notes right on the page offering the update/upgrade. These release notes should be complete, and reverse chronological with newest information at the top. This link should be easy to find, so people can be informed properly BEFORE they undertake clicking any buttons to run updates.

Thank you.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
Adam, My experience has been equally frustration. I've been using XIQ for over three years now, and many of the bugs that have been haunting me since the very beginning (sorting issue, random errors, missing/truncated info, inaccurate info, cloud config groups, objects that can't be deleted etc) took years to resolve or are still ongoing. I still don't use DFS, WIPs or 802.11r as GTAC will often suggesting those be turned off for troubleshooting as well as requiring the latest firmware be applied.  I won't use the latest firmware until there is at least some feedback and confidence from the community that it doesn't cause major issues, which has happened more than once with firmware in the past. Even then I cautiously start with a small handful of APs to test in my environment before doing a more widespread push. I understand that bugs will happen, and documentation is tricky, but I also believe the community here has clearly shown that there is urgent need for improvement on how this info is communicated, and the time frame for resolution of major issues.
GTM-P2G8KFN