Did you mean: 

Ridgeline 4.0 installation problem: Problem in Database creation

Ridgeline 4.0 installation problem: Problem in Database creation

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Jul 9 2013 1:07PM

Hi,

My problem is very easy to describe:

I can't install Ridgeline 4.0 because it always finish installation with the following message:

Problem in Database creation
Database Creation:
Ridgeline 4.0 installation could not be continued because
Ridgeline 4.0 database creation has failed. Exit code: 0

Host OS: Windows 7 Pro 64b (fresh install)

I tried to install the 32 et 64b version of Ridgeline 4.0: same problem.

EDIT:
I tried to install Ridgeline 4.0 32b on the Windows XP mode (Virtual PC) on the same host:
Installation is working fine !

The problem seem to be only with Windows 7 Pro 62b

Any idea ?...
(from Lauville)
12 REPLIES 12

Antonio_Malvaez
New Contributor
Hi my name is Antonio

I try to install ridgetline on windows 7 64 bits but have a problem with the instalation i saw a error message that say fail to create database error code 0, i try with the bath file but is not working.

can you help me to solve that issue.

Regards,

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 7 2013 11:46AM

Same problem in DB creation with a fresh install of Win 2003 SRV SP2, and Win 7 32 bits ... but ok on Redhat (from Pascal_Lurquin)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Aug 23 2013 10:59AM

Lauville wrote:

I'm sorry, but with Windows 7 Pro 64 bits FRENCH, i can't make it work !
It seems that the "install.bat" is not even launched by the ridgeline installer.

If someone is interested, i made a full installation notice for Windows 7 Pro French (doc in ....french!) for my technician.
This methode is a little bit "ugly" but, it works always fine, and is probably OK for other language version of Windows.

Regards
Lauville
hum .. I think I know where is the problem, the folder permissions, as the file was modified or put a new one, their permissions have been modified to avoid this problem, just add permission for "Everyone" with full privileges after installation and undo this modification permission.

Hugs!

(from Davi_Nunes)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Aug 23 2013 9:31AM

I'm sorry, but with Windows 7 Pro 64 bits FRENCH, i can't make it work !
It seems that the "install.bat" is not even launched by the ridgeline installer.

If someone is interested, i made a full installation notice for Windows 7 Pro French (doc in ....french!) for my technician.
This methode is a little bit "ugly" but, it works always fine, and is probably OK for other language version of Windows.

Regards
Lauville
(from Lauville)
GTM-P2G8KFN