cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloud Layer 7 not Working ?

ExtremeCloud Layer 7 not Working ?

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
I´m building current my first ExtremeCloud Solution in our Demo Lab and wanted to test the "App Filter"
I have created a Network with an own SSID + WPA2 and a own Role. The Role does contain only 2 rules .. "First Rule .. "deny Application Facebook" Second rule .. "let pass all the other traffice" .... but after 10 minutes waiting .. i can surf to Facebook .. and post there without Problem. Has anyone of you already testet this "App Filter" and it worked ??
14 REPLIES 14

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Cloud 3.21.03 is released.
There is some fixes here.
Please look if this is working for you.

Regards

Umut Aydin

we already have there the 3.21.03.-9

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
thx for the Reply .. but i have checked this .. the Client has the configured Role with the 2 rules that should block dropbox .... 😞

And of Course .. AP is synced 🙂

Edith says :

it ́s a brand new 3912 AP .. perhaps .. Extrem has forgotten to activate policys .. into this device ... 

Application identification needs to see a few packets before it starts blocking, the initial Dropbox connection might slip through. Did you test to sync a file bigger than about 25KB?

weird, mine is working = can't load any instagram's on my iphone app... even it took a while till the config was synced.

I've add/remove the client from the blacklist to force my role change.
GTM-P2G8KFN