cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ over WAN Connection

ZTP+ over WAN Connection

M_Nees
Contributor III
currently i use ZTP+ for automatic switch update and configuration at customers branch. Ping latency to central XMC is round-about 25ms.

XMC recognize there is a new switch with ZTP+ and because firmware does not equal to reference firmware an update is running. Fine.

Unfortunately this update is done via tftp. So now waiting for 1 hour - tftp is still running ....

Is there a way to speed up? Related to other switches config backups or firmware updates i would switch over to TCP based SCP.
But how can i do that with ZTP+ process? How can i speed up?

I am pretty sure this issue was already solved by Extreme because all cloud based solutions run into same problem ...

XMC = 8.1.1.41 // EXOS = X440-G2 - 22.4.1.2
3 REPLIES 3

Bin
Extreme Employee
Just on the following article for the reference

Does EXOS support transfer of files over SCP
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Does-EXOS-support-transfer-of-files-over-SCP

Best regards

Dave_Hammers
Extreme Employee
under XMC control in the Firmware panel.

You can designate a transfer protocol for device families, or individual device types.

9d1116d8244b41b1ba132df53aabb06b_RackMultipart20180305-86671-m5zov2-p1_inline.png

9d1116d8244b41b1ba132df53aabb06b_RackMultipart20180305-28697-1n454nx-p2_inline.png

Thanks for that worthful advice - i will check that.

I think it would be nice if that parameter would be assigned to a specific site. It makes that more flexibel ...

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN