Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure radius authentication for EXOS switch management

How to configure radius authentication for EXOS switch management

MLD
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to configure A3 as our radius-mgmt server for switch authentication. I found an older article that mentions only Cicso Management Authentications are supported? The EXOS switch is a 440G2 running 31.3.1.3-patch1-10, with radius mgmt-access enabled and correct shared-secret. I enabled 'CLI Access' under the device settings as well. The RADIUS log show 'Auth Rejected' and I'm not sure what step/filter I might be missing.

Any guidance or step-by-step guides you can provide would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
11 REPLIES 11

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Hi, the connection profile that you hit should have the right auhtentication source added to it.

In my lab a bug was found in the extreme library handling snmp and we can change that file to fix it.
If you open a case with Extreme Networks and ask it to be assigned to me (Oscar Koot) we can check if the same fix helps for you.

MLD
New Contributor
I upgraded to 4.0 today and re-tested with no luck. I also changed the radius mgmt-access port to 1815.

Do you think a connection profile needs to be setup as well? I noticed the NAS-Port-Type is Virtual and I have no connection profile setup for that type of connection. I do have a separate profile with the connection type set to CLI-Access using my internal AD/LDAP source

OscarK
Extreme Employee
One important thing, you need to configure port 1815 for mgmt-access instead of 1812. However in my tests it did not make a difference and I could only authenticate through local A3 users, however I am checking why ldap does not work.

MLD
New Contributor
Thanks for the article. Is it possible to query an internal AD source for the user instead of creating the admin accounts locally?

OscarK
Extreme Employee
I just got it working using local user accounts on A3.
See below article.
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000060486
GTM-P2G8KFN