Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure radius authentication for EXOS switch management

How to configure radius authentication for EXOS switch management

MLD
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to configure A3 as our radius-mgmt server for switch authentication. I found an older article that mentions only Cicso Management Authentications are supported? The EXOS switch is a 440G2 running 31.3.1.3-patch1-10, with radius mgmt-access enabled and correct shared-secret. I enabled 'CLI Access' under the device settings as well. The RADIUS log show 'Auth Rejected' and I'm not sure what step/filter I might be missing.

Any guidance or step-by-step guides you can provide would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
11 REPLIES 11

MLD
New Contributor
Forgot to mention that step as well, I created a new admin profile "Switch CLI" with both read and write switch cli access. That profile was added under my authentication source / administration rules / switch cli...

My auth source uses AD with ldap condition to match my account to the administration rule. I also added 'Connection Type' equals CLI-Access as a filter under my connection profile. The connection profile is set to Filters 'any'

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Hi, this should be possible nowadays with A3.
In System Configuration/Admin Access add a new admin role, give it Switches Cli Read or Write.
In your authentication source add an admin access rule and set the access-level to the admin access role you defined.
GTM-P2G8KFN