Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate AP39XX from Identify controller to XIQ-C

Migrate AP39XX from Identify controller to XIQ-C

EF
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I have to migrate an old deploy with APs 39XX on V2110 controller (Identify) to a new XIQC controller and I´m so confused about XIQC´s AP adoption process.

Now the APs have a VLAN to connecto to Identify controller and it gives the DHCP to them allowing registration.

EF_0-1704971417942.png

so in the same VLAN the APs "discover" the controller.

I want to maintain the same simplicity in the new deploy, but Im reading the registration process on XCC and it talks about DNS and DHCP option.  (doc "Extreme_Campus_Controller_v5.46.03_Deployment_Guide.pdf" page 17)

One of the methods talks about "The AP sends a multicast SLP request, looking for any SLP Service Agents providing the Extreme Networks service. " so my doubth is , Does it allow register APs to a controller in the same L2 domain without configure DHCP os DNS options?

Thanks in advance!!!

EF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi,

If neither DNS nor DHCP is configured accordingly, then the APs will use SLP Multicast to locate the controller. This is the same for both IdentFi and XCC/XIQ-C, so no change for you.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi,

If neither DNS nor DHCP is configured accordingly, then the APs will use SLP Multicast to locate the controller. This is the same for both IdentFi and XCC/XIQ-C, so no change for you.

Best regards
Stefan

GTM-P2G8KFN