cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCC 5.26 allow Social Login but NOT Guest auto registration

XCC 5.26 allow Social Login but NOT Guest auto registration

LeoP1
Contributor

***ERRATA: XCC 5.26 allow Social Login but ALSO Guest self registration is enforced

Hi guys, 

I'm working on a lab to pre-stage the XCC deployment to a customer and I got caught in an issue:

The XCC Guest registration portal allows to use social login (and it works flawlessly), BUT it also allows the guest self registration…

This is an issue because we can't validate the input data, and in Brazil we have the LGPD in action (our version of GDPR), so we need to identify everyone in our networks and keep it for 5 years…

In ExtremeControl we can "bypass" this issue by configuring a "fake" sponsored registration, that leads to nowhere, but it is not unavailable in XCC.

Our customer needs to identify and authenticate the guests, so social media is almost the only way to do it, because the location lacks of mobile data (and sometimes even any mobile carrier signal), so using SMS or email as a way to identify and/or collect data, or having someone to pre-register guests is not an option.

Any ideas?

Best regards,  

-Leo

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leo, I took a look at the case comments and attachments, thank you for being so detailed. I agree that if the functionality is already clearly there, we should be able to enable it in the GUI fairly easily. That said, it would still be a feature request to get that done. I would push for a feature request on your case. They may tell you to speak with your account manager to file the feature request, but they should be able to tell you exactly who to contact if that is the route we need to go here. 

LeoP1
Contributor

Hi Sam,

Can you take a look ate the last comments (from Extreme and mine) on the case 02356732, and the attached files?

Best regards,

-Leo

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. I hope GTAC can help you out, and if you do find a solution and want to share it here in case others run in to this later on, that would be great!

LeoP1
Contributor

Hi Sam,

I just used the ExtremeControl workaround just to clarify, but we have the customer that are in project and the customers that already bought the XCC, and this limitation will make the feature unusable by them in Brazil.

I have a case opened on GTAC, I hope they have some solution, or we are in trouble…

Best regards,

-Leo

GTM-P2G8KFN