Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Alarm Manager reports #@vtext.com and #@vzwpix.com email addresses as invalid

Alarm Manager reports #@vtext.com and #@vzwpix.com email addresses as invalid

Stephen_McGuire
New Contributor III
Netsight Manager 8.0.5.18 using Alarm Manager GUI

I updated all my email lists with my Verizon Wireless phone number email in the format of #@vtext.com and noticed that all my lists broke.

Researching at Verizon showed some mixed results but I can successfully send messages to both #@vtext.com and #@vzwpix.com addresses.

I know I could set up an outlook rule to forward to those addresses but I'd rather have netsight send to my phone.

When I edit an email list and test it via Alarm Manager I get the message "invalid email addresses" and the list fails to send. If I remove the one entry with either #@vtext.com or #@vzwpix.com the list works fine.

Thoughts?
-Stephen

8 REPLIES 8

Just tried it with a non-local domain email and NetSight does report it as invalid.

So it seems like Netsight won't send emails to non-domain addresses?

Yes they are part of our domain. I can normally send a message to the two external addresses without issue from the outlook client. So sending via our exchange server should not be an issue. The IP of the netsight server is specified on the exchange server as allowed to send mail (I forget exactly where that is but it's been working just fine).

Are the other entries (that work) in the list local email addresses of your company.

List fails with even only one of those addresses in the list. If multiple addresses I did add the ; between.

-Stephen
GTM-P2G8KFN