Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear entries in XMC console log

Clear entries in XMC console log

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi,

I’ve a customer XMC installation where we have a lot entries in console log / events with broken date-strings and so the ordering function is not working correct anymore.

03eb58fa7207463baf0a864af0e4b80e_7366be08-1830-4544-97fa-f8921ff91b47.png

Can some tell me, how can I fix this issue / delete the entries?

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Can you match up a log entry that has the incorrect time stamp with the same log entry in the console.log?

Would you be able to put the output of the affected entry from console.log here? 

I don’t believe the console.log entries are written into the DB. There may be something cached, have you attempted a restart?

Thanks

-Ryan

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your reply. I always checked console.log & admin.log but I can’t find entries with such broken time stamps.

I didn’t count the number of entries with broken time stamps, but it’s round about 1.2 pages. The other entries are normal.

Do I need to look into the databse for deleting this entries?

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

This log should exist in the /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata.logs/console.log file.

The date stamp looks strange. 

Here is an example of what’s in my console.log: 

42162   1591104426811   OneView.6.Event XMCServer       Netsight.nacabucci2.com ---     Automatic Trap Registration Started     Start Trap Receiver Detection on 8 Devices
42163   1591104436808   OneView.6.Event XMCServer       Netsight.nacabucci2.com ---     Automatic Trap Registration Completed   Trap Receiver Detection Completed on 2 Devices
42959   1591146738954   OneView.6.Event XMCServer       Netsight.nacabucci2.com ---     Automatic Syslog Registration Started   Start Syslog Receiver Detection  on 8 Devices
42960   1591146749008   OneView.6.Event XMCServer       Netsight.nacabucci2.com ---     Syslog Configuration Started    Start Syslog Configuration on 1 Device XOS:1 EOS:0 VOSS: 0 BOSS: 0 SLX:0 ICX:0 VDX:0 MLX:0

Does this look similar? The 2nd field should be the datestamp in timeticks.

Maybe try to clear your browser settings? 

Click the top right hand corner 3 bar “Hamburger” bar → Settings → Clear browser settings

Thanks

-Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN