Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Port Tree view missing ports

Device Port Tree view missing ports

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have on customer site Palo Alto 5200 firewall (PAN OS 10.2) connected to NMS using SNMP V3 (Auth/Priv: SHA/AES) with loaded custom Palo Alto SNMP MIBS for PAN OS 10.2 in MyMibs folder.

In "Port Tree" view I see only a few ports but when I switch to "Interface Summary View" I see a complete device port list (with logical interfaces like aggregation and tunnel as well).

Port Tree view:

Bartek_1-1700486957430.png

Interface Summary view:

Bartek_0-1700486897672.png

As far as I understand if I want to create manually some links in Network Maps with this firewall I need to have device interfaces in "Port Tree" view to be able to do it. Do you have any idea how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

You are correct that if you want to be able to manually create links on maps the full port list being available would be necessary.

I do not understand the different why Port View vs Interface Summary produces different results. I would have to see SNMP style traces or model the updates for both to see a difference in behavior.

This would be something I would advise you to open a GTAC case for if necessary.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bartek
New Contributor III

I've tested in my lab PA-820 with XIQ-SE 23.7.11.6 and I've got this same problem - "Interfaces view" is OK but "Port Tree" is not:

Bartek_0-1701087618159.png

Bartek_1-1701087629940.png

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

You are correct that if you want to be able to manually create links on maps the full port list being available would be necessary.

I do not understand the different why Port View vs Interface Summary produces different results. I would have to see SNMP style traces or model the updates for both to see a difference in behavior.

This would be something I would advise you to open a GTAC case for if necessary.

Bartek
New Contributor III

Thank you for suggestion. Perhaps when I upgrade this XMC 8.5 system to XIQ-SE problem may be fixed. What is funny is the fact that when I've connected this firewall for the first time to NMS using SNMPv2  Profile the "Port Tree" view was OK

Is this suggesting that you since switched to SNMPv3 and the results are now limited as you originally described? If yes, does the SNMPv3 configuration on the firewall have a limited or restricted view that is preventing access to certain OIDs? I can't see us polling OID's differently based on SNMP protocol; only that SNMPv3 has the ability to restrict requests to specific OID trees, etc.

GTM-P2G8KFN