cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Analytics and control ver 22.9.13.5 need a 2 step upgrade to 24.02.15.05?

Does Analytics and control ver 22.9.13.5 need a 2 step upgrade to 24.02.15.05?

Ken_Applebaum
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are planning on upgrading our Cloud IQ Site engine, analytics and control, from version 22.9.13.5 to version 24.02.15.05. 

I believe that the Site Engine needs to be upgraded to 23.4.12, prior to upgrading to 24.02.15.05, as per:
 https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000087274&q=site%20engine%20upgrade%20path

"The release notes state the upgrade path to 23.7.10 or higher is from either 8.5.7 or 23.4.12 ONLY."

My questions are:

1. Does analytics and Control also require the same 2 step upgrade?
  2. In order to upgrade the SE, analytics and control to XIQC-10.09.02.0011-1.rse (maintenance release), does the major release need to be installed first (XIQC-10.09.01.0037-1.rse), or can we upgrade directly with the maintenance release?

Thanks,
Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi,

yes, Analytics and ExtremeControl (NAC) also need the update to v23.4.12 first. 

Your second question confuses me a bit. XIQC (XIQ-Controller) is a wireless controller. XIQC and version 10.09.02 have nothing to do with XIQ-SE, Analytics or Control (NAC).

But to answer your question regarding XIQC: You can upgrade directly to the desired version.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

I'll chime in here as well.

The path for XIQ-SE, Control and Analytics is 22.09 -> 23.04 (latest security release) -> 24.02.xx.

In virtualized deployments both Analytics and Control provide you the option to short-cut the upgrade if historical logging/data retention is not required and you are comfortable configuring appliances from scratch. You would turn down the existing engines, deploy clean/new OVA/Hyper-V VMs, giving them the same IP address as existing engines and then re-discover and re-enforce both the new Control and Analytics engines via XIQ-SE (after upgrading XIQ-SE first). This avoids the need to do the multi-step .bin-based upgrade. This is possible because other than the initial IP schema information the general configuration for both Control and Analytics is centrally stored on XIQ-SE and pushed to those engines on enforce.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi,

yes, Analytics and ExtremeControl (NAC) also need the update to v23.4.12 first. 

Your second question confuses me a bit. XIQC (XIQ-Controller) is a wireless controller. XIQC and version 10.09.02 have nothing to do with XIQ-SE, Analytics or Control (NAC).

But to answer your question regarding XIQC: You can upgrade directly to the desired version.

Best regards
Stefan

Thank you Stefan_K_,

We are going to be upgrading the XIQ-Controller as well, so I thought I would toss that question in as well. 
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

- Ken

GTM-P2G8KFN