Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC maps wireless coverage

EMC maps wireless coverage

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Hello,

I've setup an EMC lab for testing NMS advanced features, specifically the maps wireless coverage.

I've added the controller to EMC, enabled location services under the radar configuration on the controller and on the AP's themselves. I created a Map structure and imported some ekahau surveys, which displays fine and links the AP's to the map (cool!), however when I go to "View>wireless coverage>show coverage", i'm not presented with a heat map. I also noticed that when i go to "View>wireless coverage>access points" there is an option to select all, however there aren't any ap's listed. I must be missing a configuration step. Any ideas?

These are 3935i AP's running 10.11.05 and EMC 7.0.6.

Thanks much.
7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
"View>wireless coverage>access points" there is an option to select all, however there aren't any ap's listed."

Sounds like that the APs are not added to the map.

Edit the map (screenshot below) and then in the same pull-down select > Add > APs and select the ones that are on that you'd like to place on this map,

They are places in the middle so drag and drop the icon to the exact location.
Last step is to save the map - select > save in the menu.

16bd8ff072814205a85730c8559189b5_RackMultipart20170127-11144-wlaoe1-EMC_map_edit_inline.png

It looks like they were auto added to he map from the ekahau file. I noticed yours are green, however mine are grey. If i click on them, i can also see the EMC data.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you post a screenshot so we'd take a look.
GTM-P2G8KFN