Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC/Netsight - interface and device statistics collection

EMC/Netsight - interface and device statistics collection

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Could you please share how you do it ?

Even in my small lab network it's a pain to enable statistics collection.
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000080144

To do it for the device is OK as it's one click but to do it for every interface is a very annoying task.

I'd need to open every device one by one and select the ports and enable it.
Even worst let's say you replace a AP you need to remember to enable the stats collection in EMC ..... or if you add a new SSID.

Or do I don't unterstand it and you don't enable it for every interface in the network ?
Are there any plans to set it global so on every new device all interfaces are enabled by default ?

Thanks,
Ron

8 REPLIES 8

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

I'm not sure how to do this in Oneview directly, but in Console you can select multiple devices, then right click on them > Select Oneview > Collect Device Statistics.

You may already know about this though.

Regards
Tony

Hi,
From Oneview, you can load interface Summary Flexview for up to 10 switches

ae4b4c3bb4544c74b6a58a5254a836ca_RackMultipart20160720-27422-rqy3hq-flexview_inline.png

Multiselect and right click gear box and collect interface stats this way. Flexview in the web client is currently limited to 10 devices at the moment, but it helps with enabling interface collection on many ports.

Historical collection are generally used to build Oneview reports that show something historically. Top switches by CPU or by Memory. Top 100 interfaces by daily bandwidth, or active flows, or poe utilization. Where Console [Java Client] used flexviews which was dynamically pulled from SNMP, Collectors are used to make the web snappier as it just has to query the database for data instead of going out to every corner of the earth to build a view to see.

Personally, I don't enable it on all interfaces, I generally only enable it on uplinks and AP ports so I can see if there are wired interface error/historical usage. The biggest reason I could see not enabling it is the amount of stats generated and disk usage.

Thx Tony, I'll open a ticket if no one from the EMC group answers till next week.

Ronald, I'm at the limit of my knowledge on this subject. As you mentioned, maybe someone from the EMC group can chime in or write an article regarding this procedure.
GTM-P2G8KFN