cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC tftp

EMC tftp

Jeff_Roberts
New Contributor
Is it possible to tftp a config file from a non-Extreme device to the Netsight server?
I'd like to schedule config backups but I'm not having much luck. I'm attempting to run a script to copy startup-config to the Netsight server.

When I run the command on a Dell switch: "copy startup-config tftp://x.x.x.x/%DEVICEIP%.txt,"
I get the error: "%TFTP-A-TftpRxERROR: An error message was received: 2 "
I run the same command and point it to a tftp server on my machine and it transfers successfully.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Please be inspired here at GitHub

The Dell is available to download there also. Good luck!
Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Please be inspired here at GitHub

The Dell is available to download there also. Good luck!
Regards Zdeněk Pala

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
The XMC tftp allows only known devices by default for security reasons.

See here how to change:
Cannot create new backup via tftp within Netsight

(admin edit to use non-mobile URL)
Regards Stephan

Jeff_Roberts
New Contributor
Actually, because of the way Dell handles ssh login, I'm unable to use an EMC script. However, it does work if I run the script from the Java legacy Netsight application.

My problem is, I'd like to use the tftp server built into EMC and store the configs on the EMC server. When I attempt to run the copy tftp command on the Dell switch, I get the error: "%TFTP-A-TftpRxERROR: An error message was received: 2 "

I have a tftp server on my desktop and the file copies successfully so for some reason, EMC's tftp server won't allow a file to be transferred to it.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Jeff,

one more hint. Remember the result you will receive if you do the backup on the Dell CLI.
In the backup script there is a section to check if the backup was successful. In that session you can fill in the CLI result (with regex).

Regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN