Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Management Center rel 8.4.4.26 user RO

Extreme Management Center rel 8.4.4.26 user RO

EF
Contributor II

Hi team,

I want to create users for monitoring with only read access to Networks, Alarms & Events section.

And if it possible, only to execute restricted commands, like show commands o create (not delete) vlans (for example).

Once the user is created under OS, I think that I have to create a new Authorization Groups with these rights and  link user to that, but the problem is that a customized group has a lot of  capabilities for select, and I don´t know what is the minimun to achive at least the first requirement.

What are the minimun capabilities to slect in order to have RO user in all section or at lest in Networks  and Alarms & Events?

Is there any way to achieve the second rights?

Thanks in advance!!

EF

8 REPLIES 8

EF
Contributor II

To include this right, you must check:

Extreme Management Center OneView --> Access OneView Administration

Into the group.

c5f658533e7a48289467e4152ad4dbe9_76cd0569-4ce7-4ba7-860d-9981d2afdab6.jpg

I hope usefull for others.

Thanks Ron!!

EF

EF
Contributor II

Yes, this is that a want, like "RO" users can access to CLI with full access becasue SNMP profile it´s the same, I prefer give then GUI ("WebView") to them, but with your rights this doesnt appear.

I´ll review the help link in my XMC.

Thanks!!!

EF

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

FYI, the help function in XMC isn’t that bad so here the link about the Authorization Group Capabilities - just replace the my IP with your XMC IP.

https://172.24.24.110:8443/Clients/help/content/oneview/docs/admin/docs/ov_admin_user_capabilities.h...

-Ron

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

I’m sorry but I”m not sure whether I understand… 

you want to know how to get the “WebView” option in the menu or is it something else ?!?!

-Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN